When Hugh and I went to NYC last year, walking through Central Park was high on our itinerary. But, the day we were supposed to go there, it was POURING. We walked through the park anyway, and we got SOAKED! This year, it was windy but very sunny and it was as beautiful as I thought it would be. We were walking through the loud city, but as soon as you get into the park, all of the honking and sirens fade away, and it was very quiet. People were ice skating in Wollman Rink and there were hundreds of others enjoying the park. One of the things I really wanted to see was "The Mall" - which is a straight stretch of the park that is seen in a lot of movies and pictures - and Bethesda Fountain. We walked all the way to the fountain, and guess what? No water. They were doing some renovating so there was no water in the fountain at all. To crush my heart even more, some parents were letting their out of control kids climb on the statue in the middle of the fountain!!! Some people....I swear. Anyway, it was still beautiful. I wish we had more time there, but we had to make it back to our hotel so we could get our bags (a lot of bags!) and head to the airport. So, the next time I'm in NYC, I will be spending much more time in the park.
0 Say what?:
Post a Comment