Thursday, March 27, 2008

I Love New York

I just got back from spending 5 days in New York with my very best friend, Tracy. Tracy and I met when we were 14 at WHS, and have been friends every since! We started planning our trip last summer, and it seemed like to took forever for it to get here! We left on St. Patty's Day, and had 4 full days of walking and sightseeing. We saw so much. All of the downtown area, which included the WTC site, seeing the Statue of Liberty, Wall Street, Federal Hall (George Washington took his oath as President there), and we ended that day with pizza in Brooklyn, and then walked back to Manhattan on the Brooklyn Bridge! We also saw Chinatown (quite the experience!), and toured Times Square, Rockefeller Center, Grand Central Station, the vast subway system, and everything in between. We also got to spend a bit of time in Central Park, which I loved. We saw "Wicked" and I would suggest that everyone see it if you are a Wizard of Oz fan. We also went to dinner with my friend Barton, which was a highlight. It was a great trip. I love it back there. The history, the people, the shopping...I loved it all!

0 Say what?:

Related Posts with Thumbnails