Saturday, December 13, 2008

Traditions

I love this time of year because it is rich with tradition. I have been thinking a lot about our family traditions lately, so I thought I'd share a few of them with you......

  • Our Easter Egg Cracking Competition
  • Potato Soup for Halloween - this was started by Hugh's late grandmother over 60 years ago
  • The Polar Express trip
  • Our Christmas Eve Eve gathering - this is for Hugh's entire family and last year there were over 100 people there.....it's an amazing night
  • Pajamas on Christmas Eve
  • Watching The Nativity Story on Christmas Eve
  • Christmas morning breakfast burritos with my parents and brother
  • Going to the movies on Christmas day
  • Christmas dinner/party with Hugh's parents and siblings.....this is a tradition that Hugh's mom has with her sisters and their husbands that we are now carrying on with our generation. This is the first year we will be doing this (it's at our house next weekend) but it is the first of many
  • The Christmas Jar - if you have not read this book, you must.....again, this is our first year implementing this tradition, and we couldn't be happier about it

I realize that most of these traditions revolve around Christmas, and that's ok. I'm excited that our kids recognize these traditions and are excited for each and every one of them. What are some of your traditions??

4 Say what?:

Charmaine said...

The potato soup I made this year for Halloween was the best I have ever made! Can't wait to see you guys at Christmas Eve Eve.

Melynda King said...

I love the new Family picture! I also love traditions. We started one 3 years ago, we each write what our gift to Jesus is, seal it in an envelope and then put it in a really pretty treasure box that we put under the Christmas tree. We do this on Christmas eve. The girls really love doing this!

Bonnie said...

Toni...first of all...how beautiful is your family? I LOVE the new family picture! Second, it looks like you guys had so much fun at Polar Express. I thought I read in there that your kids were on their best behavior, which I laughed, because your kids are always angels! :) Third, Kamon and I have the tradition...going to Jack in the Box on Christmas! You know how Kamon loves store bought things! haha! Hopefully kids will allow Kamon and I make special traditions like those.

Kendra said...

Hey!

Just got your super cute card that we saw being shot. :) I had no idea you had a blog this whole time! So fun..I do too. I can add you if you want.

xoxoMerry Christmas!
Kendra

Related Posts with Thumbnails