But, just for fun...I have a story for ya.
The other morning, I headed off to the gym to get my pump on. (That's right..I said that.) I noticed that my neighbor around the corner had left his garage door open. And there were no cars out front. And hour and a half later, I drove back by and the door was STILL open. His garage is very organized, and he has lots of tools and Man Gadgets hanging all over the place. I felt it was my duty as the Nice Neighbor to see if anyone was home. Here is how things went down:
I knocked on the door and waited for someone to answer. The man (whom I have never actually met, but recognize as the occupant of the home) answers the door...slowly.
Me: Hi. I drove by and noticed that your garage is open. I just wanted to let you know.
He opens the door and comes out.
Man: Um...who are you?
Me: I'm your neighbor. I live around the corner. I'm married to the fireman who drives the red Dodge.(EVERYONE in our area know who the Fireman who drives the Red Dodge is.)
Man: Oh.....(follows me out to the driveway). Now who are you again?
Me: I'm Toni. I live in the cul-de-sac. I'm married to Hugh.
Man: Oh. Well, thanks for telling me. You are a good neighbor. Give me a hug.
I was frozen with awkwardness. What do I do? He's got to be harmless, so I give in. I swear, I thought the man was going to KISS me. But he bring me in and hugs me...close and tight. I mean, COME ON! I manage to get loose.
ME: Ok, well, I'm gonna go. Have a nice day!
Man: You know I'm separated now.
Me: Uh..no...didn't know that.
Man: Yea, it's been about six weeks.
Me: Wow, that's new. Sorry to hear that.
Man: Not me! I'm free and single and lovin' it!
Me: Well, good for you then. (Time to change the subject. Just then I notice the newspapers in the driveway of his neighbor, which happens to be the house that belonged to the old man who killed himself several months ago. Nice, huh?) I see they are still delivering his newspapers?
Man: Yea, we pick them up. You know he's dead.
Me: Yep. I remember when that happened.
Man: Are you married? I'm like Dude! I've told you that TWICE already!! What are you on??
Me: Yep, married to my fireman.
Man: Are you happily married?
Me: Yep. Have been for almost 18 years.
Man: Cuz I'd take ya.
Me: I have three small kids...you want no part of this. Nervous laugh. Ok! See ya!
Quick as lightening, I hope in my car and drive home. I call Hugh and tell him - through laughter - what just happened. Then Hugh informs me that another neighbor said this man has been CREEPING out the women in the neighborhood with his advances and inappropriate behavior. Uh...Hugh?? Maybe you could have let me know that little tidbit of information? Had I known I would have driven right by Creepy Man's house and not worried about his garage being open and his Man Gadgets being in plain view for anyone to see or steal!!
Anyway, that's my funny story of the week. I drove by his house later that day and the door was STILL open. Maybe he was waiting for another nice neighbor - preferably female - to drive by and let him know. But it won't be me...that's for sure! Creepy man.....



5 Say what?:
LOL. Saw that coming a mile away. Creepy. You're nicer than I would have been, I'm not so giving with my hugs. Bet you're wishing you could have your hug back...
That's so crazy! You live in a normal neighborhood too! Or so we thought.. And meantime, you are in your supa-sexy workout gear? Am I right?? LOL!!
LOL Audrey! As a matter of fact, I was. I was gross and sweaty too. Delicious!
yet another reason why I will be a psycho overprotective mother who will not allow her beautiful child to play out in front of the house...
Creepy.....eek!!
Post a Comment