We just got back from a trip to San Diego. It was not quite what we expected it to be and started out a little rough....
The Friday before we left, I went to go get my tires rotated and balanced, only to have them tell me and SHOW ME my BALD tires! So, we had to buy 4 new ones. NO BUENO!
Ok, so over that and onto getting ready to leave. Sunday afternoon, I was driving my car when the AIR turned HOT and the "check engine light" started flashing, and the car started vibrating. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? Not driveable. We made arrangements to use Kort's truck (Kort, Amy & Emmi were going to SD with us anyway). Hugh wasn't very upset about this as Kort's truck is his DREAM TRUCK. Ok, that problem solved.
Then I got a phone call from a friend with bad news. Not "someone is hurt or sick" bad news. Just bad news. I'll explain later, when I can.
Monday morning....time to leave. We got up early, and waited patiently for Hugh to come home from work. He was hoping to be home about 7. But a 3 alarm apartment fire kept him on the job and he didn't get home until about 9:30. And, he still needed to pack! But when he did finally get here, he smelled like FIRE and let me tell ya, that smell is sexier than Hugh's cologne. Oh baby!!
Anyway, were finally off and ended up having a "cool" time in San Diego. And by cool, I mean COLD! San Diego was having some of the coolest July temps in years! We only made it to the beach twice, because it was seriously uncomfortably cold! And overcast. Never saw the sun at the beach. I guess we are going to have to plan another trip!! Emmi loved it though. Loved the water, the waves and the sand! But our two favorites were Del Mar......
and Coronado
Because of the weather, we had to come up with some other things to do....like pick strawberries in Carlsbad! (Also found some fabulous items at the Coach outlet while in Carlsbad.....good times.)
Visited Old Town San Diego for the first time and it's pretty cool there! Went to the Mormon Batillion Visitors Center and it was very cool! Great exhibit and tour! And it's FREE! Bonus!
Had a few meals out. Of course, a favorite was PF Changs. We also love Sammy's and their messy sundaes!! Yum! But no pictures of those. Sorry.
What made the trip fun and memorable were the people we were with. Our family. Doesn't get much better than that. Next time, I'll try to take more pictures of the entire family, and not just Emmi. :)







3 Say what?:
I just started reading the TomKat blog and it brought me over to your blog. I am wondering how you can get your pictures in a scrapbook style like you do. I love it and have been trying to figure out how people do it so I can add them to my blog in the future too. Thanks! :)
Rachel
Hi Rachel! I use Picasa, which is a free download. I had to get it for "work" and now I'm using it on my blog and I love it!! You can get it here: http://picasa.google.com/#utm_campaign=en&utm_source=en-ha-na-us-bk&utm_medium=ha&utm_term=picasa It's totally easy to use. Good luck!!!
Ahhh, yes! Thanks for the fabulous tip. I am just getting started with it and already love the program. :)
Much thanks,
Rachel
Post a Comment