Tuesday, October 26, 2010

High Maintenance Pumpkin Cookies

On Sunday, the girls and I put on our aprons and set out to make these festive cookies.


I love anything pumpkin during the holidays, and I knew I would LOVE these!!  Let me just say that putting the batter together wasn't so bad, but they were a little high maintenance to bake.

First, you have to cut 3 inch square pieces of parchment paper.  The recipe says 24, but we ended up needing 48!!  (The recipe made far more than it said it would.  Good for us!!!)


Then, you have to fill a piping bag with the batter and pipe it onto the squares of parchment paper?  Wha???  I'm used to spoonfuls of dough onto the pan....not batter in a bag!  But, we did it anyway.



Lo and behold....they came out in perfect little circle cookies. 




We let them cool, made the delicious filling, and YUMMO!!  Awesome Pumpkin Cream Pies. 



I may make these again during this holiday season, but they definitely won't be ones I whip up on a Sunday afternoon because I have a sweet tooth.

And just to clarify, these are NOT my pictures.  (But I promise, my cookies looked just like them!)  I got them from Pioneer Woman's cooking blog, A Tasty Kitchen.  Wonderful, wonderful recipes over there.  And that's where you can find this recipe.  Gotta love Pioneer Woman!!! 

2 Say what?:

Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

Oh my gosh, those look good!

kavahei said...

so i think you need to show me how you are taking these amazing pictures some time! Your pictures always look so amazing! :) Miss you tons! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails