Friday, October 8, 2010

Pet Peeves




I've been quick to be annoyed lately.  Little things annoy me.  Big things annoy me.  So, I thought it would be fun, and therapeutic, to list my Pet Peeves. 

  • When I buy a picture frame, and they put the price tag RIGHT ON THE GLASS and when I try to take it off, it tears, and then I have to get my Goo Gone out to remove it.  Man, that pisses me off.
  • When an engaged couple registers for wedding gifts, but includes everything under the sun in their registry!  It's not a Christmas List people!  You register because you need things to start your home!  You don't need lingerie or a tent or a new purse.  You need pots and pans and towels!!!
  • To go along with the above pet peeve, I hate it when an OLDER couple gets married for a second time, and REGISTERS.  Come On!!  You are an ADULT NOW!  You shouldn't NEED anything else!  And then when they do register, they register for things for their KIDS!!!  Polly Pockets & Lego?  On a Bridal Registry!!!  Give me a break!!!  Again people...this isn't Christmas!!!
  • When people try to get through the 15 or less isle with 23 cans of cat food, plus other stuff.  Did you read the sign??  15!!!!
  • Parents who won't pull forward in the parent pick up line at the kids' school.  PULL FORWARD!  Your child is capable of walking a bit!!!
  • When my computer freezes up on me.  Ug.  I hate that.
  • When my kids try to talk to me when I'm on the phone.
  • When my kids don't change the toilet paper roll.
  • When my kids leave their crap all over my house.
  • When my dogs go outside and bark cuz the neighbor dogs are barking, and I got and get my dogs, but my neighbors don't get their dogs.  They just let them keep barking, and I know they are home!!
  • Protesters.  I know we live in the USA and have the right to protest.  But come one people.  Get a life.
  • Telemarketers - I once had a salesman call to sell me children's books.  This was a week after I lost A & S.  I told him I wasn't interested. He kept talking and talking.  I said again - NOT INTERESTED. He kept talking and talking.  I finally said, "Look dude, I just buried my twins. I don't want any children's books!!!!"  He hung up without saying another word.
  • When I go into Francesca's up by AJ's on 67th Ave, and the older, taller blond lady finds it necessary to show me each special, and things that I'll "love", when I'm really just there to kill 10 minutes.  Shut up already!
  • Campaign ads - enough said
  • Email forwards that turn out to be urban legends.  People...before you send them to me, check them out first.  Or better yet, don't send them to me at all!  I already know not to allow a complete stranger to approach me in a parking lot and try to sell me perfume and I know not to sniff the tester they have cuz if I do, I know I'll pass out and then they will kidnap me and take me to who knows where.  I already know to avoid that.
  • When people won't let me change lanes.  It really can't be that hard to slow down or speed up and let me over.  Just be nice.
Ok. I think that's it for now.  Wow!  I feel better!  Maybe later in the week, I make a list of the little things that make me happy! 

What are your pet peeves? 

3 Say what?:

Susan said...

My pet peeve is when you are in your car in a parking lot and you stop to let someone cross in front of you and instead of them hurrying along, they move at the pace of a three toed tree sloth and take so long to cross that you begin to fantasize about running them over.

Toni said...

That's a good one Susan!

Nikki said...

unexpected loud music on a blog...

Related Posts with Thumbnails