
I'm so happy to be a part of Golden WHEEL. At our last meeting Elizabeth Hale (who is the wife of a dear friend of mine from high school, Tom) came to us asking for a donation to help her cause. Their daughter, Chloe, has a rare type of dwarfism called Majewski's Osteodysplastic Primordial Dwarfism (MOPD). It is extremely rare and Chloe is the only one in the state of Arizona who has this. (click on the link to the right to find out more about MOPD and Potentials Foundation). Well, I knew Elizabeth was coming to talk to GWO, but I thought she would be coming alone. I looked up and saw not only her walking in, but Tommy (sorry, but I can't help but to call him that), their 11 year old beautiful daughter Faith, and sweet little Chloe. I almost started to cry. It was so great to see Tommy. He was one of those people from high school that was so sweet and genuine, and I just love him to death - always have. But, Chloe....what a ball of energy. Even though she is just under 3 feet tall and weighs 20 pounds, that little girl was bopping around like the owned the place. I was given several hugs by her, and with each one I could feel her strength. What a special spirit. And I could think of no better family for her to be in other than with Tommy, Elizabeth and Faith. GWO was able to donate $2,500 to Potentials to allow them help other families be able to attend the Little People of American conference being held in Detroit this summer. This conference is the only time these people with MOPD get to see each other. And according to Elizabeth, it is such a blessing to see these people gather together and for that time, not be different from anyone else. The Hale Family has done an incredible job with Potentials, and I am happy that GWO was able to help.



1 Say what?:
Oh My Goodness! She is the cutest little doll. Her story made me cry. She is just so precious. Tommy & his wife sure have been blessed with an angel..
Post a Comment