Yesterday we had a Young Women/Young Men day trip to the Tonto Natural Bridge, which is just north of Payson. It was a beautiful day and the bridge itself was amazing. It's the world's largest natural travertine bridge (I got that straight from the pamphlet). It's a half mile hike down there, and it surrounded but lots of water, streams, and the bridge itself has a waterfall that falls from it. Not a huge one, but enough that when you are under the bridge you get cooled off by the mist. The youth had fun hiking around, and even were brave enough to swim in one of the little ponds. The hike out was quite an effort though and my quads are feeling it today. We then were treated to a bbq of hamburgers and hot dogs and sat around and visited and played some frisbee. It was very fun and quite relaxing. The youth in our ward are amazing and I'm so glad to be working in with the Young Women! They are awesome!
A view from on top of the bridge.
More prettiness. :)
Isn't this gorgeous?
Looking out from under the bridge
Some of the leaders: Gretchen, me, Kristen,
Nilda, Tami & Bonnie
Some of the girls: Paxton, Mallory, Addie, Jess,
Alexis, Lincoln (she's there, but you can't see her face)
and Amanda
An "aerial shot" of Janie, Bonnie, Paige
Peri & Nilda


2 Say what?:
I hope you realize how much I miss you. The picture that you and Bonnie were both in started to make me cry. I know we haven't talked on the phone since we left but I really miss you! Please tell Hugh and the kids hi!!!
I like this post...the picture of you and Peri is so cute! I will update my blog tonight so you can see the pictures I have of you and Hugh.
Post a Comment