I've been on a blogging break due to spending 5 days as a cabin mom at Girl's Camp. We had so much dang fun, and I took over 400 pictures. I'll be posting SOME of those soon, and get back up to date on my 365 Challenge pictures.
Some sad news though.....When I got home yesterday, I called my mom and she told me that my Uncle Don died of a massive heart attack on Sunday. This was so shocking. Don had been the one who was watching over my grandma (for the past 10 years). My grandma's health has rapidly declined over the last few months, and we are expecting her to pass away any day. Don had called my mom on Sunday at 5:09 pm and told her that Grandma had had a decent day, and that my mom didn't need to call him back - he was just calling her for her daily update. He said "I love you" and hung up. My mom got a second phone call from his cell at 8:37 pm. My mom assumed the worst news about my grandma. Well, it was a friend of Don's calling to tell my mom that Don had suffered a massive heart attack and had died. Not the news she was expecting. She had to fly out to Illinois today, and met my other uncle (the one from San Diego) and Don's son Justin, so they can tell my Grandma. They decided to keep this from her until they could get there. She thinks that he is out of town on business, because that is very normal for him. It is the hardest thing my mom has ever had to do, and I feel for her. My poor grandma....she has now lost two of her kids. I'm just praying that God will take her home soon so she doesn't have to suffer any more.


1 Say what?:
I'm so sorry for your family's loss - what a shock!! What a blessing the Gospel is in our lives, for us to KNOW that we will see our loved ones again.
I bet you were an awesome cabin mom, can't wait to see some photos.
Post a Comment