My mind is racing! I have so much going on in these next few months.
First, this week is Caitlin's birthday! She'll be 11 on the 11th - her Golden Birthday. And it seem like kids' birthdays are never just a one day event. It's like a FOUR day event! Thursday is her actual birthday, so I'll be bringing her lunch at school, and then cooking her favorite dinner that night (spaghetti). Friday, we'll be taking her OUT to dinner for her birthday, and then Saturday are her TWO parties - her "friends" party at the bowling alley (can't wait - I love to bowl!) and then the family will come over Saturday night. I'm going to be exhausted Sunday. I'm going to attempt to make sugar cookies with ROYAL ICING for her "goodie bags". I'm not a fan of shaped sugar cookies because they NEVER turn out right, but I'm going to try once again. They'll be "C" shaped with pink icing. Wish me luck!!!
This is one of my FAVORITE pictures of Caitin.
Next, is MY birthday. My 40th. Unbelieveable. I remember when my Mom turned 40 and her friends threw a big party for her. She got a t-shirt that said "40" on it.....and I thought she was SO OLD. And now....that's going to be ME! And Hugh follows me just 13 days later. But, you know what, I'm excited. I don't feel 40, and I don't think I look 40. I feel better than I have in YEARS. (I'm thinking 4 days a week at the gym have helped with that....hmmmmm, maybe there is something to this Working Out thing.) And I know one thing....I don't ACT 40. Most of the time, I act like a silly teenager. (Just ask Charlee Howe.....she says when Wendy and I are together we act like a couple of 17 year olds. Hey, that's a COMPLIMENT....I think).
The day after my birthday is our 2nd Annual Camp Fundraiser at church. Last year, we raised over $2000 with our dessert and service auctions. Awesome! It was so much fun, and I'm really looking forward to it again this year. What a great way to celebrate my birthday....with my ward family - ESPECIALLY the AMAZING Young Women.
Paige & I at last year's fundraise. I Heart Paige.
Just a few days after that, I'll be heading off with Wendy to the Big Apple! My fourth trip to this FABULOUS city in the last four years. It's Hugh's birthday present to me, but really, I'm just tagging along with Wendy. This trip is for HER as it'll be her first time there. I can't wait to experience it with her!!! It is such an amazing place to visit. Not to mention, we'll be staying with Barton, and I haven't seen him since his accident last year.
The Brooklyn Bridge from last years' trip.
And, right after we get back, I'll have just one week to finish the preparations for my and Hugh's 40th birthday party! Since our birthdays are so close together, we can never throw each other a party. So, we are throwing one for OURSELVES. It'll be a New York City themed party (shocking) and I'm having so much fun planning it.
Soon after that will be the end of the school year (wow! - I'll have two kids in Jr. High next year!!) and then off to Girls' Camp! A week later will be Bonnie's baby shower. Soon after that is Emmi's 1st birthday. Hopefully, we'll fit a vacation in there somewhere! Hugh & Connor will head off to Scout Camp at the end of July, and then school will start mid-August! Holy cow! I'm tired now.





0 Say what?:
Post a Comment