Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My New Favorite Show

Has anyone watched this show??


I am so loving this show!  I know that Geneology is nothing new, but I think that this show is shedding a whole new light on what an amazing experience tracing your family tree can be.  I have been working on my family's history for the past year or so now, and have found it so rewarding.  I was lucky enough to have a distant cousin of my Mom's do the research for my Grandma's side of the family.  My Grandma had 10 brothers and sisters, and I have a book that is about 3 inches thick that contains the information of all of those people.  One of the lines is traced back all the way to 1040!!!!  Seriously crazy stuff!  My dad's side of the family is another story.....I don't have very much information on them at all.  My dad died in 2003, and before he passed, I got some information from him...but not a lot.  So, researching his ancestors will be all up to me.  And let me tell you, this show is motivating me to do that.  It's hard work, and actually very fun.  But what happens, is you start searching for someone and you think you'll only spend a few hours on the computer, and before you know it, 8 hours have passed!  But once you find someone, you feel like you've uncovered a buried treasure.  I love it.

3 Say what?:

Melynda King said...

I agree with you, Justin and I have done a little and it really is rewarding! When is the show on!

Toni said...

The show is on Fridays at 7pm on Channel 12. Check it out!

Brewer's Ink said...

I love doing family history too. Happy "treasure" hunting:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails