Last night, it seemed to end so quickly. It's been a while since we have known the night of the election who actually won the presidency. In recent elections, we've had to wait until at least the next morning.....if not the next MONTH.....to find out who our newest president was. But not last night. President Elect Barack Obama won. And he won by a landslide. I didn't vote for him. I voted for McCain. I don't think that Obama has the experience needed to be the president. But the American people voted for him, and that's the way this great country works. We vote. We decide. I can't be all upset today because the American public didn't vote the way I wanted them to. It is what it is. So, now, I'm going to sit back, support my President to the best of my ability, pray very hard for him to make the right decisions, and watch him implement this "change" that he has been talking about for months now. I wish him all the luck in the world.....he's gonna need it. But let me say, I will never forget this day. History was made. An African-American for President of the United States. How amazing is that?? I cried during his speech. (The man has great speech writers on his staff.....) The story he told of this 106 year old black women who voted for a black man for president. And that man won. He told of all the wars she had seen, and the racism she witnessed, and I cried. It was a moment for me. He ended each statement with "Yes We Can". A little preacher-ish for my taste, but I was totally into it. Yes We Can. And Yes He Did. I just pray that he makes the right decisions, and that he really can turn this country around. If he does, it won't be all his doing. He has so many people working with him. Republican and Democrats. I hope that TOGETHER, they can help EACH OTHER make this country all that it can be. And John McCain....what a CLASSY man. His concession speech left me crying even harder that Obama's. Pure class. That was all I could think of listening to him. In the end, I'm so glad this election is OVER. Let's now just move on into this new chapter of history with hope, not negativity. It is what it is. We can't do anything about it now, other than pray. And that's what I'll be doing.
early 2000s
3 years ago



2 Say what?:
Its definitely a part of history no one will ever forget!
Your kids on Halloween are adorable.
LOVE YOU!
I loved both of their speeches, I cried when listening to both of them. Obama is very eloquent and he has a way about him. It is exciting to see history made the way it was the other night. I completely agree with you in that he is not who I voted for but he is my president and I will support him and pray for him. I have always felt that, no matter who the president is, we have to stand by him/her. I have friends (who seem to have different political beliefs than I do) who are so hateful towards the president if it wasn't their choice, I think that's wrong, we need to do all we can to support our country.
Good post!
Post a Comment