I've known Lisa Winters (now Strawn) for 30 years. She moved here from Minnesota in the 3rd grade, and we've been friends ever since. Here we are, almost 40, and we still talk several times a week. We can call each other for no reason at all, and then hang up after a 30 minute conversation about nothing. Sort of like Seinfeld.
I've known Lisa's mom, Judy, just as long. I practically lived at Lisa's house growing up. I have many memories of Judy. And have received great advice from her over the years. The one piece of advice I remember the most is DO NOT pull our your grey hairs. If you do, 30 more will come to its funeral.
Judy was diagonosed with ovarian cancer last week. She goes in for surgery tomorrow. As you can imagine, their lives have been turned upside down. Please, pray for Judy. And her husband Larry. And Lisa. They need them.
Thanks.

Lisa & I. June 2008.

Jana & Janet, Judy & Lisa, Barb & Cami, Lucy (my mom) & I
It was the first time ever all four of our Moms were together with us.
I've known Lisa's mom, Judy, just as long. I practically lived at Lisa's house growing up. I have many memories of Judy. And have received great advice from her over the years. The one piece of advice I remember the most is DO NOT pull our your grey hairs. If you do, 30 more will come to its funeral.
Judy was diagonosed with ovarian cancer last week. She goes in for surgery tomorrow. As you can imagine, their lives have been turned upside down. Please, pray for Judy. And her husband Larry. And Lisa. They need them.
Thanks.
Lisa & I. June 2008.

Jana & Janet, Judy & Lisa, Barb & Cami, Lucy (my mom) & I
It was the first time ever all four of our Moms were together with us.



1 Say what?:
I will be remembering Judy in my prayers. Looking at the picture of you and the moms, I can't believe how much we look alike.
Post a Comment