Wow...what a long three weeks. As you know, I was first infected with the Swine Flu. Not fun. Then last Saturday, it got a little scary when I was having trouble breathing. On Sunday, my mom took me to Urgent Care (while Ed & Heidi took the kids to church, since Hugh was working. Thanks Smiths!!) They did a chest x-ray, and it turns out I had PNEUMONIA!!! I was prescribed three different medications, which seem to have done the trick. I am feeling much better, but I am not quite 100%. I think the only good thing that came out of this was that I learned how to spell "pneumonia".
I have to say, I was well taken care of while I was out of commission. Hugh took over my role as Mommy, while continuing his busy role as Daddy and husband. He was able to take time off work and do all of the driving to and from the kids various activities. I also had several people from my ward bring dinners in and kept us from going hungry. So, to Bonnie, Wendy, Kristen, Laura, Tami, Nan, Heidi and Amy....thank you for taking care of us!!!
While I was sick, I missed out on a WHS Multi-Year Reunion - that I helped plan!! - which really bummed me out. I'm hoping that my old friends will have sympathy for me, and want to get together again around the holidays. I missed a football game of Connor's, and several days of church and church activities. All of this was a bummer, but the most important thing was that I rested so I could get well!! I seem to be heading in that direction.
Thanks for all of your sweet notes and prayers that were sent my way. All of this has made me realize how much I have to be grateful for, so since Thanksgiving is this month, I'm going to post something I am thankful for EACH DAY. I love Thanksgiving.


0 Say what?:
Post a Comment