Our Christmas Card this year.
And I opted for a poem for our Annual Christmas Letter. It looked much cuter when I typed it, but Blogger here seems to want to format this themselves. So, hopefully you'll be able to read it as a poem, and not one giant paragraph.
It is that time before Christmas and I am stuck. An annual letter needs to be written, but I am in a rut. I remembered a poem I did a few years past and thought, “What the heck! I’ll do it again since it was such a blast!” (NOT!!)
The year started out on a sad note for us, an event caused us to cry. We said goodbye to our sweet Chelsea as she joined her sister in the dog park in the sky. Our sadness didn’t last for along came Griffin - a Shih-Tzu puppy with big brown eyes – one look and we were smitten! (Thanks Julie!) But he needed a friend as to not be so lonely. So a few months later, we adopted Zoey! (Thanks Wendy!) Another Shih-Tzu, with a little poodle mixed in. They are best friends, a perfect pair, they always make us grin. Courtney turned 12 and lucky for her! Camp Lo Mia for Girl’s Camp this past summer. I was her Cabin Mom and we had a great time. We dodged skunks, hiked hills, and loved it in Pine. Sixth grade this year and lots to do. School, piano, Young Women, just to name a few. Connor is also 12, as you probably figured out. A busy kid he is without a doubt! Football, piano, and scouts fill his days. Add in school and homework and keeping the girls at bay! Caitlin is 10 and is full of spunk and energy. She’s in 5th grade, has taken up the flute, and her playing is ummmm……lovely!? She is learning to sew, (maybe she will teach me!). Grandma Pam helps her and even gave her a sewing machine! Hugh will no longer be appearing on the local news. A new position at work he was able to choose. Right hand man to Deputy Chief Case. So no more tv cameras shining bright in his face! (He’s very happy about that.) A Mexico fishing trip he took in May. Ten days on the lake, fish galore, what more can I say? He made me very happy by taking a trip with me to my favorite place on earth – New York City! We were joined by some great friends and had a wonderful time on the town. Even the crazy amount snow didn’t slow us down. A dream came true for me this year, something I’ve waited over 20 years for. I met Andre Agassi and I almost passed out on the floor! We met, we hugged, and even shared a laugh. It was one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had. Our house was stricken this year with the disease of the Swine. Courtney, Connor and I all got it and it lasted a very long time! (Not fun!) For me, it turned to pneumonia and I still have a cough but I learned how to spell “pneumonia” so all was not lost! As 2009 comes to an end, we are grateful for our family and friends. We hope your year has brought you joy and love and that 2010 brings you blessings from above!
It is that time before Christmas and I am stuck. An annual letter needs to be written, but I am in a rut. I remembered a poem I did a few years past and thought, “What the heck! I’ll do it again since it was such a blast!” (NOT!!)
The year started out on a sad note for us, an event caused us to cry. We said goodbye to our sweet Chelsea as she joined her sister in the dog park in the sky. Our sadness didn’t last for along came Griffin - a Shih-Tzu puppy with big brown eyes – one look and we were smitten! (Thanks Julie!) But he needed a friend as to not be so lonely. So a few months later, we adopted Zoey! (Thanks Wendy!) Another Shih-Tzu, with a little poodle mixed in. They are best friends, a perfect pair, they always make us grin. Courtney turned 12 and lucky for her! Camp Lo Mia for Girl’s Camp this past summer. I was her Cabin Mom and we had a great time. We dodged skunks, hiked hills, and loved it in Pine. Sixth grade this year and lots to do. School, piano, Young Women, just to name a few. Connor is also 12, as you probably figured out. A busy kid he is without a doubt! Football, piano, and scouts fill his days. Add in school and homework and keeping the girls at bay! Caitlin is 10 and is full of spunk and energy. She’s in 5th grade, has taken up the flute, and her playing is ummmm……lovely!? She is learning to sew, (maybe she will teach me!). Grandma Pam helps her and even gave her a sewing machine! Hugh will no longer be appearing on the local news. A new position at work he was able to choose. Right hand man to Deputy Chief Case. So no more tv cameras shining bright in his face! (He’s very happy about that.) A Mexico fishing trip he took in May. Ten days on the lake, fish galore, what more can I say? He made me very happy by taking a trip with me to my favorite place on earth – New York City! We were joined by some great friends and had a wonderful time on the town. Even the crazy amount snow didn’t slow us down. A dream came true for me this year, something I’ve waited over 20 years for. I met Andre Agassi and I almost passed out on the floor! We met, we hugged, and even shared a laugh. It was one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had. Our house was stricken this year with the disease of the Swine. Courtney, Connor and I all got it and it lasted a very long time! (Not fun!) For me, it turned to pneumonia and I still have a cough but I learned how to spell “pneumonia” so all was not lost! As 2009 comes to an end, we are grateful for our family and friends. We hope your year has brought you joy and love and that 2010 brings you blessings from above!
Much love to you all!
The Chase Family Hugh, Toni, Courtney, Connor, Caitlin, Griffin and Zoey


1 Say what?:
LOVE the christmas card and the poem is SO cute!!!
Post a Comment