It's hard to believe another year - another decade - has passed us by. It's been a great year - not much changed for us here at the Chase household. We lost a dog, and added two more. That was probably the biggest change. But, thinking back over the DECADE, I'm amazed at how much our lives have changed. Ten years ago, I was the mother to 2 year old twins, and a 9 month old daughter. Our lives were wrapped around diapers, and cribs, and high chairs, and keeping my kids from destroying my home and everything in it. In the past 10 years, I have gained and lost the same 20 pounds. (I just came across the picture we sent out for our 1999 Christmas card and I was aghast! Did I really send out that picture??? My kids and husband looked great, but I looked like the Stay Puft Marshmellow woman!!) Ten years ago, I was worried about turning 30. This year, I'm looking forward to turning 40! This past decade, I fell in love with a city (NYC) and look forward to visiting said city at least once a year while I'm still here on earth. In the past ten years, I've lost those I love (Matt, Tama, Grandma, Uncle Don, Addie)and I have welcomed new loves into my life. Ten years ago, I was dealing with toddlers. Now, I'm dealing with tweens and I'm loving it!! Ten years ago, I still was in love with my husband. Now, I'm still in love, and even more so. These past ten years have flown by, and it's hard for me to imagine the ten years ahead. Ten years from now I'll be looking towards the big 5-0. I will have welcomed my son home from his mission, and possibly have either of my daughters out serving the Lord as well! I could even (biting my tongue) be a mother-in-law (biting harder.....). Oh gosh....strike that image from my mind! In any case, I am happy. I love my life. And even though I have hard times....hard days.....I am happy. I hope that each of you will take some time to reflect on the past decade, and reflect on what it has brought to you.
Happy New Year - Happy New Decade to each and every one of you out there in blog/facebook land. I hope this new year, and new decade, brings you all the happiness you could ever ask for.



1 Say what?:
I love this post. I love how you did it and it makes me realize just how much has changed in the last 10 years.
Post a Comment