Saturday, February 13, 2010

Random Acts of Kindness


I just read the most INSPIRING blog post!  This woman, Robyn, turned 38 recently.  And to celebrate, she spent an entire day doing Random Acts of Kindness.  She really went all out.  I just read through each one and had tears running down my cheeks by the end.  So, in honor of my upcoming 40th birthday, I'm going to follow her lead and do 40 Random Acts of Kindness to celebrate!  And, I want you to participate!  I'm not asking you to do 40 RAOK....just do ONE.  And tell me about it!  Leave me a comment and then I'll blog about your random act. 

Ooooh! I'm so excited!!!

Start Date:  2.26.10

Side note:  This woman is an Event Planner.  And you know how much I love a good party!  So, I'll be visiting her blog on a regular basis.  She also happens to be a former classmate of Wendy's.  Rad!

7 Say what?:

Bob Joy said...

Okay Toni, first of all 40 like no way! I will help with the "Drive By Niceness Thing" but if you're 40 that makes me huh 1970 minus 1948 = X + Y = OLD!!!

Jody Pacheco-Murchland said...

Love the idea! You can count me in.

Today, Hunter and I thought it would be nice to surprise residents by delivering two dozen heart Mylar balloons and cookies to a local senior assisted living center for Valentine' Day. The timing was perfect as the Activity Director was just setting up for the afternoon Valentine's Day party. She was so excited to have balloons for their party and we were able to help set them up all around. Their facility looked great! They put a couple of balloons aside so they could use during their crowing of the Valentine's Day resident "King" and "Queen". How cute is that?!? The residents voted earlier in the week. Since we came unannounced, we offered to come back at a later date to read and visit with the residents!

Maren said...

Small world...the woman who you got the idea from, got the idea from a girl I went to school with who is also a relative of mine!

MixMingleGlow said...

WOW! Thanks for the shout out! LOVE LOVE LOVE that this inspired you to carry on the RAOK for your own bday! I haven't been in touch with Wendy for...I'm afraid to say how long...YIKES!, but I figured out who you were talking about and just reconnected w/ her on FB! Crazy small world! Also, as a totally random aside, regarding the previous commenter Maren...does this mean that she, in some family-by-marriage sort of way, is also "related" (not really but kinda-sorta) to Stephanie Nielson (aka NieNie) and Courtney (CJane)??? :)
Anyway, happiest of birthdays to you! In honor of your 40th, I am taking some yummy red velvet cupcakes to my neighbor whose hubby is a Marine and not home for a while. I made the cupcakes last night and Lord knows we don't need them all in this house! More importantly, her little boy would L-O-V-E them, I am certain! Happy Birthday...Hope this year is your best yet! xoxo

Maren said...

I am related to her through her Calder side (her last name was Calder) her husband is related to the Clarks.

kate said...

i LOVE that idea!!! i am definitely in!!

Bonnie said...

Consider mine done...On Sunday I held a door open for a man on crutches who otherwise would not have been able to do so. It may or may not have been Ed...:)
Seriously though, I love it!! I'll think of something even more grand than door holding!

Related Posts with Thumbnails