Well, today was the Meet & Greet with my main man Andre Agassi. What we (meaning all of the guests who paid an arm and a leg for their tickets) thought we were getting was an actual Meet & Greet - you know, meet the players, autographs, photos, groping, etc. However, it turned out to just be a Question & Answer period. To say that we were angry would be an understatement. Some people flew here from as far away as Canada for this event. Fortunately for us, we only had to drive 20 minutes. Anyway, Andre & Jim Courier came out last. We were all hootin' and hollerin' (some of us more than others....) and excited to see them. Hugh & I were in the front row of the crowd. The emcee said to Jim "Don't you love this crowd?? Aren't they beautiful??" and Jim answered "Yes...and I especially love her shirt" - pointing directly at ME and my bedazzled "Agassi" shirt that I made.
(You see? Pointing right at me!!)
At this moment, I was on the spot. Andre lookeded DIRECTLY at me and smiled and laughed. HE LOOKED AT ME!!!!
He's looking right at me...and wondering when I've been all of his life.
The emcee said "Well, I think you (meaning me) better get up here and get a picture!!!" There were 350 people there who were told that NO pictures were allowed, but I was being asked to go up for my photo op! Hugh had the camera (thankfully) and clicked away. I went up to Jim first and told him that there wasn't enough room on my shirt for his name. (Of course, being the Agassi stalker that I am...I never considered putting Courier on my shirt..) Jim hugged me, and then I turned to my left...and there he was!! Andre Agassi! Right there! He opened his arms and HUGGED ME!!! It was fantastic!!!!!!
I held on for as long as I could.
Parting is such sweet sorrow...
My heart was RACING!
Check out the way he's looking at me! I'm his new BFF.
I then was able to get a few pictures with both Jim & Andre (I can crop Jim out later) and I was able to tell Andre that I've been a HUGE fan for over 20 years and even had a 6 foot cardboard cut out of him in my dorm room. He laughed. I made Andre laugh. I then told him what an honor and dream it was to meet him. He shook my hand and said "thanks" and then back to my seat I went. I literally had to sit down because I was shaking. Once I sat down and realized what had just happened, I started crying. I couldn't believe it. It was literally a dream to meet him, but what happened - and how it happened - was way more than I expected. What a day....
Andre, me & Jim....unbelievable.


5 Say what?:
RAD!! I am sorry I didn't see it in person, it's pretty cool that your dream finally came true! Those are great photos of you all. hmmm, Thanks to that SHIRT! If it would have been a long phrase, the letters would have had to be smaller and not so noticable, You do have a big chest, but thankfully it's not that big.. very Clever.
sounds awesome!!! i LOVE your enthusiasm, i seriously LOVE it!!
WOW! WOW! WOW!!! I C A N ' T B E L I E V E you got to touch him, hug him, stand right next to him, take a picture with him. Talk about being in the right place at the right time, wearing the RIGHT shirt! I am so glad one more of your dreams have come true. I might have to take up stalking, it really seems to be working for you!!!
I love that one of your dreams came true. So awesome for you!!! When you have some time you need to give me a call back so we can chat. Hope all is well and love that you got to meet him. :)
Some people get all the luck - glad it was you!!!
Post a Comment