Thursday, June 10, 2010

A Vision & Some Elbow Grease

I don't have a lot of vision....but I'm learning!  And as I am in my learning process, I look around my house and see some things I want to change.  For instance, my behind the couch table, and it's matching counterpart - the coffee table.  We've had both of these since we moved into this house in 1995.  They are still in great condition, but I don't like the color anymore.  Just blah.  We bought a gorgeous tv stand type thingy back when we re-did our entertainment center area last year.  It's a dark blackish brown and I LOVE IT.  Now, I want my two tables I mentioned before to match.  And I want Hugh to do it.  He is the master do-it-yourselfer.  (Really, it's kind of freaky how much stuff he knows.)  I've mentioned it in passing a few times, just to get him used to the idea.  But, now I'm really going to demand  encourage him to do it!  Should be simple, right?  And I found just the right website to help him become inspired!  It's called BetterAfter.  I've seen this blog before, but was redirected there again today by Amy at Stem when she wrote a post about it. 

Here is a sample of what they showcase on this blog:

Before:


Ewwww....ugly.


After:


Gorgeous!!


WOW!  I (meaning Hugh) can do that!!!  Now, I just have to convince him.......

3 Say what?:

Crystal Keefer Designs said...

Oh wow Toni!! It is amazing what some new hardware and paint can do!! Make me want to tackle one of our bedroom sets. Its Cedar wood and was my grandfather's. Want to paint it black, but wasn't sure if it was a great idea. hmmm..... Totally encourage another DIY home project. :-)

Anonymous said...

Its amazing what paint and hardware can do!!! Looks great!

Anonymous said...

Its amazing what paint and hardware can do!!! Looks great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails