Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Pinch Me! I Must Be Dreaming!

For those of you that know me, it goes without saying that I'm a pretty outgoing person.  Not shy.  Not afraid to ask questions.  Not afraid to put it all out there.  I'm a firm believer that if you want something, you work at it until you get it. This has worked for me in the past.....getting Hugh to finally admit to being in love with me, getting pregnant, getting to the Oprah Show (I'll post about that some other time), meeting Andre after a 20 year obsession.  Blah, blah, blah.  And I learned when chairing the auction for Golden WHEEL, that it never hurts to ask.  So, I did ask.  And I did receive. 

I've been following The TomKat Studio blog since March 2009 when I came across it while planning Amy's baby shower.  And I've been in love ever since.  Kim, the owner of TKS, is extremely talented, super creative, and I have watched her business grow by leaps and bounds over the past year.  Her work has been featured on so many party blogs, and everyone in that industry completely respects her and her passion for all things pretty.  As do I.

I've ordered a few things from Kim in the past year, including the darling circle tags I used at our 40th birthday party.  And Kim and I became "internet friends."  Long story short, Kim and I talked, and I mentioned that if she ever needed an extra hand that I would love a chance to be a part of the TomKat Team.  A few emails later and I was hired!!  Uh....hello!  Dream Job!  Working from home for TKS.  Does it get any better than that?  Kim's business is growing so big so fast, that she needs some help with customer service and correspondence, among other things.  I told Kim that I was her girl.  We met a few weeks ago IN PERSON (I was totally nervous because HELLO!  She is TomKat!) and we hit it off immediately.  I'm so excited to be working with her.  Excited isn't even the word.  Ecstatic.  There, that's better.

So, I'm a WAHM (Work at Home Mom) and couldn't be happier.  You'll start seeing more and more posts on my blog directing you to TomKat and all of her fabulous party posts and her awesome weekly giveaways.  Be sure to check her out!  And if you are on Facebook, become a fan of The TomKat Studio. 

I'm a happy girl. 

See what Kim wrote about me here.  Yes, I was dying. 

3 Say what?:

kate said...

wow!!! seriously?!!! that is sooo exciting!! i LOVE how you just go after things and aren't scared of rejection/failure. you are such an impressive person and i'm SURE you'll be AMAZING!!! congrats!!!

Unknown said...

How exciting! I actually just came over from Tom Kat to see your blog. Like you, I'm a mommy of twin girls but mine are 2 1/2 and quickly approaching 3. It's always great to meet another mommy of multiples. I guess maybe because we have something very special in common. :)
Best of luck and I know you'll do great. And what a fabulous job to have!
All the best,
Heather
http://multiplydelicious.com

Kim - The TomKat Studio said...

I'm not sure how I missed this post, but I am thrilled to have you on board!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails