Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Special Delivery Part 1

Every year on my twins birthday, I remind them of the special circumstances surrounding their pregnancy and birth. I thought it was time that I actually put it in WRITING (aka my blog) so that it's here for them to read at any time. And, so when my brain takes a dive, I'll have a place that I can go to remind me of Their story. But, I can't get to Their story until I tell the beginning of My story. The Infertility Part. So, here it is....
I didn't have an easy time getting pregnant. Hugh and I started "trying" (I loved the "trying" part :) ) after about 5 months of marriage. I was never a "regular" girl, so I knew that getting pregnant was probably not going to be the easiest of tasks. And actually, if you knew all of the factors that need to be in place to actually conceive, you would be surprised that anyone gets pregnant EVER. Nine months went by and nothing. So, I went to the dr. and given my irregular periods, he precribed Clomid - a fertility drug - to help me out a bit. Several more months went by taking clomid, monitoring my temperature, watching for all of the signs that my body was supposed to be giving me to signify ovulation, doing "it" on days 10-14 of my cycle (is that too much info??? Oh well...), etc, etc, etc. It sucked. Really, that's the only word to describe it. And what sucked even more is that we still didn't get pregnant. We finally decided to seek the help of a Fertility Specialist, and we started seeing Dr. Robert Tamis. I love this man. I always will. He did some more extensive tests including a endometrial biopsy. Have you ever had one of these? I don't recommend it. I had to have three of them during my Journey and NO BUENO!!! I don't remember the timeline all that well, but it seems that it was about two years into our Infertility Journey that I had my first surgery. This was after I had a Hysterosalpingogram that showed a very messed up tube. They went in to just "check things out" but instead found one of the worst cases of endometriosis that Dr. Tamis had ever seen. My tubes were fine. (I know that this was because of a lot of prayer and a blessing I received the night before my surgery. Dr. Tamis was at a loss for why my tubes were fine. We knew why. :) ) They cleaned up the endometriosis and thought that I would then be able to get pregnant. NOT. Months and months went by. There turned out to be many things wrong with me. Low progesterone, high LH, Polysysteric Ovarian Disease, irregular ovulation, the endometriosis, blah, blah, blah. We were in year 3 of this craziness that we opted for Artificial Insemniation. The day after the procedure, I went in for some blood work, and some sort of level was very low, and the chances that I would get pregnant were very slim. Figures. But, on that Thursday, they called me and told me that I surprised them all and that I was pregnant!! Finally!!! I spent the weekend buying pregnancy books and even bought a maternity outfit! Oh, and I ate lots of brocolli. Don't know why because I HATE brocolli, but I knew it would be good for the baby. Unfortunately, bad news was in store for us.

Photobucket

0 Say what?:

Related Posts with Thumbnails