I remember after delivering Austin & Spencer that I was ready to give up the whole Infertility ride and try to adopt. I had experience pregnancy and delivery, so why not? That thought lasted about as long as a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup lasts in my house....not very long. I was on the phone with Nellie (the awesome patient coordinator for Dr. Tamis) WHILE I WAS STILL IN THE HOSPITAL to find out when we could go again. We still had several embryos in "storage", but I knew my body needed some time to recover. We decided to take a few months off and see if we could get pregnant on our own. Because, sometimes, after pregnancy, when your body turns "back on", things are normal. We thought...what the heck? Maybe it would happen with us. Five months. September to January. Guess what? No pregnancy. Not surprising. Back to Dr. Tamis. They ran some tests and found out that I have a blood clotting disorder that causes my blood to clot too much when I pregnant. This is why I lost Austin & Spencer. I formed a blood clot in the umbilical cord cutting off oxygen to the babies, and that caused me to go into labor. This was an answer that we needed to go forward. We did another transfer at the beginning of February. No complications. Only this time they started me on twice daily injections of Lovenox (a form of heparin) to keep my blood from clotting. And then sat back for our two week wait. I waited about 5 days and then bought a pregnancy test. Ha ha. It is just about impossible to find out if you are pregnant through a home pregnancy test just five days after conception. I was that one possible one. It was positive. I called Dr. Tamis' office the next day and told them about the home test. They said it was probably a false positive because of some certain drug/hormone they gave me during the transfer. BUT, I didn't get that drug during the transfer!!! (I don't remembery why, I just remember they didn't give it to me.) So, they said "Come to the office!!" I did, they drew blood, and told me to come in again two days later for a second blood test. (They compare the levels from the first test to the second test to see if my hCG levels are rising - they are supposed to double every other day.) So, I didn't expect a phone call until after that second visit. But I got one. "Please hold for Dr. Tamis". So official. I knew what they were going to say and I was GIDDY!!! Dr. Tamis got on the phone and said "Well, you surprised us all. You are pregnant. Very pregnant." I knew what that meant. Probably multiples. Two weeks later I found out. Quadruplets. That's right folks. I was pregnant with four babies. But, by 10 weeks, I was only pregnant with twins.


0 Say what?:
Post a Comment