Friday, August 28, 2009

A Special Delivery Part 4

Twins. I was having twins. Perfection!! I found out at about 18 weeks that it was a boy and a girl. Whew! We would have one of each and then we could STOP TRYING TO GET PREGNANT! Our Infertility Journey had come to an end. Thank goodness!!! I kept a Pregnancy Journal throughout my pregnancy. I drove every two weeks to my high risk OB whose office was attached to St. Joseph's hospital. FYI...I live at 91st Ave & Thunderbird. Not a quick drive. I quit work at 10 weeks, and rested. I scrapbooked and rested. Took home stress tests where I had to hook up a belt thingy around my every growing tummy and it was hooked up to my phone line. The results would go straight to my dr.'s office and they would let me know if I was allowed to move at all for the rest of the day. LOL For real!!! I took it very easy during the pregancy. We picked out the names Courtney & Connor pretty early on. I was paranoid though. Given my previous experience, who wouldn't be??? I remember going to the hospital at 24 weeks because I just didn't feel right. 24 weeks. That's when I lost Austin & Spencer. After I got checked out, I felt more at ease. The rest of the time dragged on. I went in for my 31 week appointment on a Monday. My doctor checked me to see if I was dilated. I was. To a 3. Not good. He was concerned, but not overly so. He had started giving me shots of surfactant at 24 weeks to help speed up the development of the babies' lungs. This was a very good thing. Off to St. Joe's I went. Hugh was at work, so I called him (completely in a panic) and told him to get the hospital. They got me settled in and the wait began. The goal was to keep the babies in me as long as possible. At that point, every day - every hour - makes a difference. Funny thing....Thursday night my sister-in-law Kimberly was having a baby shower for me. Hugh went in my place. He loved it!! (They should throw showers for the men too!!) He decided to stay at home that night (he had stayed Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday at the hospital) since he was at Kim's house and he was so close to home. He would return on Friday morning. No big deal......until I woke up Friday morning.....

Photobucket

0 Say what?:

Related Posts with Thumbnails