Long story (very long story) short, we going to be taking up temporary residency at St. Joseph's Hospital. I got to go see the babies the following day (Saturday.) They were so tiny. And they were in separated incubators. They were healthy for the most part, just very, very small. They needed help to breathe and eat. I needed a blood transfusion. I lost A LOT of blood. I had to get stronger so I could take care of my babies!! I stayed in the hospital until the following Friday, and then I had to leave the twins there. I went back EVERY DAY and spent hours with them. At two weeks, they put the twins together in the same incubator. They immediately reached out for each other. I have that picture somewhere. I'll have to find it and post it. On September 19, we were scheduled to bring them home. That's almost four weeks after their birth. They were barely 4 pounds. The day we were supposed to bring them home, Courtney began to slide backwards. She would do silly things like oh...let's see...stop breathing while she was eating. I would have to take the bottle out of her mouth and flick her feet to get her to take a breath. She certainly wasn't ready to come home. So, we brought Connor home alone. We were able to bring Courtney home about two weeks later on October 1. Together again. Together forever. They came home on heart monitors and they could NOT be around germy things or people. They could NOT get sick. But, they did nothing but get stronger from there. (Go here for some of their premie pictures.) They continued to thrive, and have no long lasting effects from their prematurity. Thank Goodness!! They are such AWESOME kids, really. They were sure worth the wait!!!


0 Say what?:
Post a Comment