Saturday, August 8, 2009

A Cupcake Success!!

The Moore Family....
Today was the big day for the much anticipated "Cupcakes for the Moores" bake sale. The girls worked their tails off all week and baked 18 dozen cupcakes. Plus, we had several of their friends donate cupcakes as well. More than 10 dozen were "pre-ordered" and pre-packaged (that part was done by Mom) but there were plenty left for the girls to sell today. They set up their "stations" and went to work. They were very organized and uber polite with their customers. Many people came by to buy their sweets. It was a fun day. A day I don't think either of the girls will forget.


The set up. We had two tables like this.


The display. Loved the monkey cupcakes. Thanks Mary!


Landon checking out the cupcakes.


Say "cheese" Landon!!

Finger lickin' good!


Caitlin took this. I loved it.


An old friend (by "old" I mean we've been friends for a long time) stopped by and surprised the heck out of me! We haven't seen each other in years. I guess I better make cupcakes more often so he'll stop by! It was so great to see him!


Caught!!!


This cracked me up. Once the delicious chocolate with chocolate frosting cupcakes donated by Tori Ames were gone, Caitlin made sure everyone knew it.


In the end, the girls raised over $600 to donate to the Moore Family. They were very excited, and I was very proud. I don't think it will be an experience that the girls will forget.
Photobucket

3 Say what?:

kate said...

such a great idea!!! wish i had thought to donate to the cause (i'm a little slow on the idea department)... and the boys LOVED getting to go and pick out cupcakes! thanks girls!!

Melynda King said...

Wow that is great! I was at SCUBA lessons all day and wasn't able to make it by to pick up our cupcakes. I will come by Sunday after church. Your girls are amazing. They are learning from the best!

hendywow said...

That's Great! They were very yummy....

Related Posts with Thumbnails