Monday, August 11, 2008

You might think this is lame, but....





Ok, I'm a HUGE Survivor fan. I've watched EVERY season of it and I love it. Well, for those of you who are fans of the show, you know that during Survivor Fans vs. Favorites: Micronesia, there was a Phoenix Firefighter, Joel Anderson, who was one of the "Fans" to compete on the show. Today, Hugh was with him and Hugh called me and put Joel on the phone. It was so cool! We talked about one of the funniest moments on Survivor, which was an obstacle course in which Joel was tied to another guy named Chet and they had to chase after another team through an obstacle course to grab that team's flag. Well, Chet weighs about 50 pounds, and Joel is built like a truck, so he was literally dragging Chet along the course. Chet was banging his head all over the place. Sounds brutal, but it was truly hysterical to watch - especially since Chet was so annoying. Anyway, during our conversation, Joel mentioned names like "Parvati" and "Jonathon" and "Amy" and "Eliza" who are all returning Survivor players. And, of course, we talked about my ALL TIME favorite Survivor player - James. It was such a cool conversation! I told him I would love to sit down with him sometime and find out all the behind the scene stuff, but he said if I learned that, I would probably not want to watch the show anymore, and I certainly don't want that! Anyway, it was the highlight of my day - with the exception of my kids having a great first day of school. :)

3 Say what?:

Molly said...

No way!!! That's awesome, and I totally loved that episode, one of the funniest Survivor moments by far!

Bren's Life said...

We haven't watched survivor in years. We used to be die hards, but then another show which I can't think of came on at the same time...
That's cool that you got to talk to him.

Susie said...

Oh my gosh - Ken and I love Survivor too. Kenny thinks he would be able to last to the end - but thinks I would be the first one kicked off (whiner!). How funny that you were able to have a conversation with Joel - I must admit he bugged me and I LOVED it when he was given the boot. I bet Hugh could take him down!!! Ha Ha!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails