Monday, January 4, 2010

Guilty Pleasure

It's a good day when the new season of "The Bachelor" premiers. This is such a guilty pleasure of mine. And my favorite episode is ALWAYS the first one. That's when you get a look at the 25 hopefuls battling for the love of one man. And in this case, that man is super hot hottie Jake. He is a pilot! Oooh! Yummy!
One of my favorite parts of the first night is immediately finding the girls I HATE. Like Christina. She brought jelly beans to give to the other girls as a "parting gift" cuz she was going to "win". It was a real hit when she started handing them out to the other girls. Oh yeah, that went over REALLY well. NOT!! In the end, she did get a rose. Oooooh, this is gonna be good!

And here is Hugh's favorite. Rozlyn. Model. Gorgeous. BUT....there is some sort of behind the scenes controversy because one of the contestants got "involved" with one of the producers of the show WHILE she was dating Jake! SCANDAL!! The producer got fired and the girl was sent home. I'm convinced it was Rozlyn here. She seems the type. Oh, and also, she actually said to Jake upon their first introduction: "Fasten your seat belt. It's going to be a bumpy ride." Really? Did you have to say that? So cheesy. She got a rose though. Ick.


Here's Vienna. Dumb name. And someone forgot to tell her to put on her mascara. I know, I'm
being mean! Rose obtained.


Then there's Elizabeth. I liked her. Seemed down to earth. She brought a football, kicked off her shoes, and played catch with Jake. Then, the rest of the girls came out and they played a mean game of "Blondes vs. Brunettes". I was praying for one of them to take a dive while trying to catch the ball!! No such luck. In the end, she received a rose.


This girl here, Ashley, went all out to get Jake's attention: She dressed up in this tiny little flight attendant's uniform. It worked. She got a rose.


This girl from Cambodia said something naughty to him in Cambodian! She said it to him in English also, but my blog here is rated PG, and I can't repeat her crude comment. No rose for her.


And what season of The Bachelor is complete without a little dose of CRAZY! This one, Michelle, was tonight's cherry on the sundae. She is already completely in love with Jake (from seeing him on his run on The Bachelorette) and is convinced that she will DIE if she doesn't get him in the end. He gave her THE FINAL ROSE of the evening. Such suspense!!! Don't think she'll last long though.


That's my take on tonight's episode. Oh, how I love this show. Can't wait til next Monday!!

4 Say what?:

Molly said...

OK I was trying to figure if it was another girl or a production person. Now you ruined the suspense for me!!! Too bad you don't live closer, I was just telling my friend we really need to get together Monday nights and watch this, it can't be watched alone! I love the Bachelor!

Susan said...

So who are you voting for? I kind of like the girl that has the blonde hair, lost her voice and is afraid to fly.

Kort and Amy said...

kort and i loved last night. we point out all of their flaws! we love it, like the one girls lopsided boobs, jacked up teeth, man jaw, you know, all of the things to make me feel better! Please tell me you noticed Jakes inability to throw a football.

Amanda Stephan said...

I love this show and love your breakdown of it! ha ha ha...I agree that I think Rozlyn is the naughty one and I couldn't believe how emotional Michelle was, hilarious! I do think that Tenley was adorable! Rob watched a little with me and just laughed at how retarded the girls are...pretty pathetic but oh so entertaining!

Related Posts with Thumbnails