Sunday, January 17, 2010

Spelling Bee

Caitlin was one of seven kids from the entire fifth grade that qualified for the Spelling Bee at Desert Harbor.  This, in itself, was a huge accomplishment!  Job well done Caitlin!

The big day was Wednesday.  There were students from 5th through 8th grade competing.  I was able to attend, and I even pulled Connor & Courtney out of class so they could watch too.  They started with a practice round so they could get control of their nerves.  Caitlin misspelled her word in the practice round, but that was ok....it was just practice!!  Well, she was first to go in Round 1, and sad to say, she mispelled her word.  (It was "estimate".  She forgot the "i".)  It was a class case of her nerves getting the best of her.  She was crushed.  She sat down...defeated.  I wanted to go wrap my arms around her.



It was a great experience for her, and I know she will qualify again next year.  She just hopes she will last longer than Round One!!

1 Say what?:

Susie said...

She'll never forget how to spell that word - Mine was "autumn", I left the "n" off!! She's so cute!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails