Friday, May 14, 2010

Get Yourself Some Girlfriends



My life wouldn't be nearly as complete without my girlfriends. 

I have "sets" of girlfriends.  I have several from grade school/high school which are the girls I go to Smokin' Hot Ladies Night with.  These are the girls who knew me way back when.  Back when I had crooked teeth and Michael Jackson arms.  These girls knew me pre-Hugh, pre-Mormon (and they are SWORN to secrecy about certain stories!!).  Our friendships have stood the test of time, and I know we will be friends forever. 

I was lucky enough to add another "set" of girlfriends when I got married.  These are my sisters-in-law.  Kim, Kammy and then eventually Lynette & Amy.  How lucky am I to get to have sisters when I got married??  I also consider my mother-in-law as one of those girlfriends.  When we all get together, it is fun.  Lots of laughing.  Usually sitting around being entertained by our husbands, but it's always a good time.

Then, I have my church girlfriends.  You know who you are.  We all live close to each other (as a part of the LDS church, there are geographic boundaries set in place that determine which "ward" - meaning congregation, you belong to. And let me tell you, I wouldn't have it any other way.)  These are the girlfriends I can call in a pinch for ANYTHING.  And I mean ANYTHING.  Do you know what a blessing that is??  Some of these church girlfriends have moved and are a part of other wards, but they are still lumped in to my collection of church girlfriends, and there they shall stay.  These are the girls I called when I was sick with the Swine Flu last winter and said "I need food!" and POOF!  Food was brought.  GOOD food.  Doesn't get much better than that.

I also have a few dudes that I would consider "girlfriends".  I guess I should call them "guyfriends".  It's refreshing to get a male perspective on things.

And I have my "fake girlfriends".  These are my internet friends.  I say fake cuz I don't know them in real life.  I have connected with a few of them via email, and we read each others blogs.  But most of them don't know I exist at all.  Hello CJane?  NieNie?  Do you know me??  Uh, I didn't think so.  In any case, they are still my girlfriends because they make me laugh.  And cry.  And want to be a better person.

My best girlfriend is definitely my mom.  She is the first one I want to call with news - good or bad.  And if we go a day without talking to each other, it seems like an eternity. 

Anyway, if you don't have girlfriends, go get yourself some.  Husbands, dads, brothers, male friends are cool and all....but there is nothing better than a night of laughing until you want to pee your pants.  And that seems to only happen with girlfriends.

I'm thinkin' I need a Girls' Night Out.  Who's in??

3 Say what?:

Nikki said...

I swear, Toni, If Nie or CJane responds to this, and you get a night out?!... and you don't tell me... I will NEVER forgive you!!

Anonymous said...

awww..wish I could be there for a Girl's night out. I actually have one coming up for the screening of Sex & the City 2. Woohoo! But I know what you mean when you have different sets of girlfriends. For me, my different personalities comes out depending on who I am hanging out with at the time. Great read! Can't wait to get to know you better.

Nilda Noel said...

Loved the post (like always) and you know I'm always up for a girl's night out. Or lunch out, or whatever other out comes to mind.

Related Posts with Thumbnails