Whew! What a week it's been! As soon as Wendy & I stepped off the plane, I went into full Party Planning mode for Hugh's and my 40th Birthday Bash. I had most of the preparations done before we left for NYC, but I had to put it all in to motion as soon as I got home. The party was GREAT, and we had so much fun visiting with family and friends. I'll be posting those pictures later....hopefully tomorrow.
Anyway....NYC. What can I say? It was incredible. Barton was quite the host, and Wendy and I saw so much in our 4 days there. We came home with lots of funny stories, and some great pictures!
When we got to the airport, we ran into a large group of LDS missionaries who were all flying home!! Adorable.
This is Wendy - pre-take off and pre-valium. I have to say....it was a bumpy first 15 minutes and Wendy was holding my hand and about broke my fingers.
Oh yes. Lovely.
Ok. Can I just say that these roasted almonds are a delicious party for your mouth! Yum!
Wednesday morning, we woke up and took the LONG ONE BLOCK walk to Central Park. It was so beautiful. Everything was so GREEN and there were flowers everywhere!
A little bridge we came upon...
Seriously. It's a forest in the middle of this gigantic city.
Waterfalls too!
Yes, flowers everywhere!
This is a famous restaurant called Pastis in the trendy Meatpacking district. Love the red awning.
The architecture is truly gorgeous!
St. Paul's Cathedral. I took a picture last year from this exact angle and this year it looked a little different. Check out last year's picture here.
A plane flying low over the WTC site. A strange sight.
There is progess at the WTC site!
WTC workers. The dude on the left waved at me after I took his picture. I'm glad he was ok with it.
A view of the Statue of Liberty from Battery Park.
It was a LOOONGGGG day! More pictures to follow....


0 Say what?:
Post a Comment