This day, we woke up to snow. Not a lot, but it was definitely snowing. It was so pretty!!! We left the hotel and took the subway to the South Ferry to head out to the Statue of Liberty. There is more security here then there is at the airport!!! You get there, go through one security checkpoint, which means we had to take off our jackets, gloves, hats, scarves, and some of us had to take off our shoes. Got through that, then got in line to board the ferry. Once we got to Liberty Island, we had to go through ANOTHER security checkpoint! Again, off came our warm stuff, but we had to talk through this blower thing that puffed big amounts of air at us! It was to check for any explosive residue, or something like that. Crazy. Anyway, the boat ride over was SO COLD (cuz we went out on top of the boat for some AMAZING pictures). We spent a few hours on the island, hanging out with Lady Liberty. From there, we boarded the ferry again, and went to Ellis Island. Brenna & Cody are the only ones that got off here. Brenna knew some names of some ancestors that went through Ellis on their way to USA. The rest of us took the subway to Brooklyn to eat at Grimaldi's. The BEST pizza I have EVER had. (FYI...there is a Grimaldi's in Peoria at Park West. It's the same restaurant, and the pizza is DELICIOUS, however, it's just not quite as good as the Brooklyn Grimaldi's. There's just something about eating pizza in NYC!!!) Kort & Amy were really battling their colds at this point (both of them were sick the whole trip, poor babies) so they took the subway back to the hotel. But, Hugh & I and Bonnie & Kamon walked back to Manhattan on the Brooklyn Bridge. If you ever go to NYC, I HIGHLY recommend doing this. It's so cool!! (And it was so COLD! 32 degrees!!) Got to Manhattan, walked through some totally cool neighborhoods, and then took the subway way up to Central Park to go to the Met. Unfortunatly, we got here an hour before they closed. We were racing through there to see just a few things. The top of my list was the Temple of Dendur. So old and so cool. We saw a few more exhibits and then headed out. I wish we could have stayed there longer, but there wasn't time. One quick cab ride and we were back at the hotel. We met up with everyone else, and then headed to Grand Central. Didn't stay there too long. We walked back to Times Square, and after much deliberation of where to eat, we ended up at Olive Garden - Amy's favorite restaurant. While we were waiting for our table, us girls headed across the street to the Hershey's store. And, for $5 you can have something written on their scrolling marque outside! So, I paid my $5, and we had them put: "Hugh, Kort, Cody & Kamon are total babes!!" and this ran continuously for 15 minutes! Their names were up in lights in Times Square! How cool is that!?! At this point, he had started to snow again...and it didn't stop. We had heard rumors of flights cancelled, schools cancelled, and record snowfall. Not a good thing when you are trying to fly out the following day. Let's just say I remained a little worried for the rest of the night. I had to call my mom and get Plan B organized. After dinner, we went back to the hotel for another game of Catch Phrase (this is what we played each night back at the hotel - I recommend it) and then to bed to see what weather would greet us in the morning.....
Bonnie & Kamon with Manhattan in the background
On the boat, on the way to Liberty Island
Brenna doing a fashion show!
Work it! Work it!
This is a GREAT picture of Brenna.
Strike a pose!
Bye bye Manhattan!
Cody & his hot bride (and mom-to-be!!!)
Can you tell how cold we were??
The Lady
I took this with a zoom lens I borrowed from a friend. Isn't it awesome??
Kamon doing his "Happy Dance"
It was freezing!! Even Hugh & Kort were freezing. And I think they are wearwolves. They are abnormally HOT all of the time (which is why Kort was wearing shorts our first night there.) But even this weather made them break out the big jackets, gloves & even earmuffs.
Cody throwing a snowball at a picture-taking Kamon. It hit him right on the rear! Good shot Cody!
Cody running from Kamon.
Cody & .......Brenna?? I swear, I almost bought one of these masks just to keep my face warm!
All of us in front of the original torch.
Kort & Amy....look at her tummy growing!
Bonnie & Kamon
Brenna & Cody
Us! And another webkin...
Amy got to touch the toe! Well, not the actual toe....a replica....
Amy trying to soak up some of Kort's werewolf heat.
Crossing the bridge. Can you see that sign? (You might have to click on it.) It says 32*.
On our way back to the city....
Our faces hurt from being so cold!
I love this picture.


3 Say what?:
LOVED! LOVED! LOVED! seeing all the pictures. Even though it was cold, it looks like you had a great time. Such good memories. Thank you for sharing your pictures. Loved the artsy ones, the fun ones and the simple ones...loved them all!
I LOVE the picture of the snowball! I'm happy you caught it in action! Are you going to be posting the absolute BEST picture from the trip, our beloved Ryan Reynolds look alike?? haha!
Wow. What a great trip! Love the pictures. I was so excited to see pic's of Brenna. Jim and I were her Ma and Pa on the trek 8 yrs. ago!!!! How old does that make me!?! I LOVE her! Tell her so for me!
Post a Comment