I was exhausted after posting about Day 1, so I had to take a break. On to day 2.....
We slept in a little bit, then headed out to find The Shake Shack at Madison Square Park. Ok, cheeseburgers are my favorite food. And let me just say that these were the best cheeseburgers I have ever had! Who would have guessed that this actual shack in the middle of this park would hold such goodness! While we were waiting for our food, we watched a group of men and women doing Tai Chi in the park. Kind of cool. From there, we walked up 5th Avenue and came upon the Empire State Building. (Bonnie & Kamon went to the top. The rest of us skipped it because later in the day we were going to Top of the Rock.) Then on to Macy's (next time, I'll skip that....wwwaaaayyyy too many people there), the New York Public Library, the American Girl Store (special request from Caitlin), then to Top of the Rock. We then went to eat at Bubba Gump Shrimp Company. After that, we picked up a few slices of cheesecake from Junior's and then back to the room. Whew!!

It's the Empire State Building!!

Looky there!
We slept in a little bit, then headed out to find The Shake Shack at Madison Square Park. Ok, cheeseburgers are my favorite food. And let me just say that these were the best cheeseburgers I have ever had! Who would have guessed that this actual shack in the middle of this park would hold such goodness! While we were waiting for our food, we watched a group of men and women doing Tai Chi in the park. Kind of cool. From there, we walked up 5th Avenue and came upon the Empire State Building. (Bonnie & Kamon went to the top. The rest of us skipped it because later in the day we were going to Top of the Rock.) Then on to Macy's (next time, I'll skip that....wwwaaaayyyy too many people there), the New York Public Library, the American Girl Store (special request from Caitlin), then to Top of the Rock. We then went to eat at Bubba Gump Shrimp Company. After that, we picked up a few slices of cheesecake from Junior's and then back to the room. Whew!!
It's the Empire State Building!!
Looky there!
Can you see their breath??? It was so cold!
All Amy wanted to do was touch the Lady Liberty's toe. Well, we knew that wouldn't happen. But we found this mini-liberty that helped make Amy's dream come true. She touched her toe.
There was no flash photography allowed in the library. So, I took this picture of a light fixture with no flash and I LOVE how it turned out! Looks like candlelight.
This is one of the main reading rooms. Most of the books have to be requested, and then a library worker goes to get it from the basement, which is underneath Bryant Park! Crazy!
One of the lions that guard the library. And yes, that is a Webkin with the lion. I'll explain that in another post.


0 Say what?:
Post a Comment