Saturday, March 14, 2009

My Sweet Barton....

You have all, probably at one time or another, received a forwarded email from me urging you to help my dear friend Barton Brooks and his efforts to make this world a better place. I am now asking all of you to help Barton once again, but for a totally different reason. He was in a motorcycle accident in Uganda, and has suffered a broken arm, a broken leg and head trauma. Things are more complicated than they had originally thought. The doctor in the village where the accident happened was able to temporarily patch up his fractures. Barton will be airlifted out to Kampala tomorrow. There is an Italian Orthopedic doctor there that will be able to complete the major surgery if they can't get him back to the states. A friend of his named Catherine is trying to coordinate a plane from Kampala to the US so the surgery can take place here. If not, he will have to wait a week in Uganda after the surgery until he is able to be moved. So, a lot of stuff is up in the air right now. I'll be checking his Facebook page for updates as his brother will be letting everyone know what is going on. Barton is one of the most special people I have ever known. I have never known anyone so willing to go above and beyond to help another person. He has touched so many lives all over the world, and I truly call it an honor to count him as one my friends. Please keep Barton in your prayers. Sounds like he is going to need them.
My FAVORITE picture of Barton. He was a model in his former life. :)

In the Batwa Village in Uganda.

With "his" boys in Cambodia. This is what inspired him to start Global Colors.

He loves helping the children. I'm surprised he hasn't adopted all of them.

4 Say what?:

kate said...

that's really sad...i'll be keeping him in my prayers.

Molly said...

I will definitely be praying for him. This is so sad. I am sure he is devistated that he cannot continue his work there right now. I pray that his surgeries will go well and that he will recover quickly!

hendywow said...

Wow you work fast. I guess i can refer everyone to your post! You're right we are all blessed to have him in our lives.

joanna yoder said...

Holy cow, you are fast. What a great blog about him. He is an amazing guy. Our prayers are definately with him. I hope he can make it to the states for his surgeries.

Related Posts with Thumbnails