Thursday, March 5, 2009

New York...First Day

We got up the next morning and headed down to my favorite place in the city - Greenwich Village. It is so cool down there. The buildings are so old and so neat. Very Sesame Street. :) We went to Bleeker Street Pizza, walked by the building that was Monica & Rachel's apartment from "Friends", bought cupcakes at Magnolia Bakery, sat in the park and ate our yummy cupcakes, walked around a bit more looking at everything, and then headed downtown. We went to Wall Street, Ground Zero, Trinity Cathedral, St. Paul's Cathedral, the Bull. After that, we went back to our room to get ready for dinner at Serendipity. Yummy! Such a quaint little place. We, of course, had frozen hot chocolate for dessert. Took some more pictures. Headed to Central Park after dinner. Again, it was late, so hardly anyone was there. Watched the ice skaters. Danced. Took some more pictures. Then headed back to the hotel. So pooped!!! Great day.
Brenna & Cody waiting for the subway.

Kort, Kamon & Hugh trying to figure out where we were going.

Cody across the street!

A squirrel! They are all over the parks.

Washington Square Arch. There is a huge fountain here, but it was being renovated. Bummer.

I love this picture of Kort & Amy.

Did you see "I Am Legend"? This was Will Smith's apartment. Cool building.

I was being artsy with my camera.

Bonnie & Kamon

Waverly Place

Where we had lunch.

The "Friends" building

Aren't the guys cool?

Magnolia Bakery. Yum!

Showing off our cupcakes.

Us girls sat here and ate our cupcakes. We were watching all of these little rich kids being taken care of by their nannies.

Cody sharing this with the others on his ipod.

I love the buildings here. This is a very famous apartment. :)

Ye Waverly Inn - what a cute little restaurant. Also, one of the hardest to get into in NYC. Barton took Tracy and I here last year when we were there, and we ate next to Spike Lee.

A view of Trinity Church from Wall Street

New York Stock Exchange

Us girls with an armed guard. Scary!

Inside Trinity Church

The cemetary surrounding Trinity

Trinity Church

Farmers and the Bull

Hugh & I

Brenna kicking that bulls butt!!

Ground Zero

More Ground Zero. You can see the new Freedom Tower being built in the background.

St. Pauls Cathedral. I love this church. You can read about it here.

Info about St. Pauls

Resting up for dinner

They take such great pictures.

This is funny. Hugh's head is bigger than Kort's, so to balance that out, Kort leaned forward for this picture. The result is hilarious.
Can you see the difference in their heads?? I never noticed it before. But, man, aren't they good looking?

Cody & Brenna

Bonnie & Kamon

Me and my honey

Seriously, so good looking.

Enjoying dessert!! Frozen Hot Chocolate!

More dessert

And more dessert....

Serendipity!!

Did you see the movie? Do you think they'll find each other?

Ok, these two crack me up.

We look huge with our jackets and my gigantic bag!

Kort & his new friend

Don't fall in!

A bridge in Central Park

The girls dancing. Don't ask me what I was doing cuz I have no idea. But I think Bonnie was doing the "Good Ship Lollipop" dance.

Kort couldn't help himself. He had to join us.

Brenna breakdancing. That girl has MOVES!

Aren't they adorable?

Looking at the city from Central Park.

On our walk home, we found this huge LOVE sculpture, so we had to take our pictures in front of it. I must have moved the camera when I took this shot, and it turned out so cool!

Brenna & Cody in love.

Kort & Amy in love.

Hugh & Toni totally in love!!

Bonnie & Kamon in love.

1 Say what?:

Nathan and Ashley said...

How fun! I can't wait till Nate and I have money and we can travel to cool places. Till then, we'll mooch off my parents. Haha.

Related Posts with Thumbnails