Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Katie Wunch

I had a very humbling experience this week. My friend Jennifer works with a woman named Kathleen. Last Thursday, Kathleen's 19 year old daughter, Katie, died. They don't know the exact cause yet. Long story short.....Katie had been sick with flu like symptoms for a few days. She was out to dinner with some friends and she passed out. She went to the hospital, and she seemed to be ok, and the ER dr. told her to follow up with her regular dr. the next day. She did, and while she was there, she began experiencing severe abdominal pains. Her dr. sent her back to the hospital for a CAT scan or MRI (I can't remember which one). While waiting, they gave her morphine to help with the pain. After four hours, she went into cardiac arrest and died. Now, they are waiting to find out exactly what happened, but it'll be weeks before those results come back. Anyway, Jen asked me to make a DVD for Kathleen as a gift from Jen. I said of course! Jen arranged for the pictures to be brought to me, and told me the songs they wanted. Then, she told me that they want to play the DVD at the luncheon after the funeral. Oh boy. No pressure! I didn't know this young lady, and I hoped I could do this DVD in a way that honored her. Well, I finished it in ONE DAY (highly unusal for me) and they loved it. The funeral is Friday. Such a sweet young lady. I felt like I got to know her by making this. Here it is.

9 Say what?:

Melynda King said...

WOW!! You did a great job putting this video together. I can't imagine how hard it must have been to not cry the whole time you were making it. I cried while I watched it. How sad for the family and Katie's boy friend. I will make sure to remember them in my prayers.

Kristen said...

Toni- The video is beautiful! You did such a wonderful job - what a gift for this family - truly a labor of love on your part!

Bren's Life said...

You did an awesome job Toni... That is so sweet.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful video. I was lucky to be given the chance to work with Katie at Prince of Peace Preschool. She was such an amazing young woman... the world is truly at a loss. Thank you for your beautiful video

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for making this. I was at the funeral today, and the video had everyone in tears - it was so beautiful.

Unknown said...

I don't know you, nor did I know Katie. But I saw her obituary in the local newspaper, and somehow I was just drawn to find out more about her. Came across your page. I've been sitting here crying watching the video.. you did a wonderful job, and I'm sure the family feels the same. It appears she had a wonderful life, and a great family.. those are memories they can cherish forever.

Norleen (Katie's aunt) said...

Thank you, Toni for this beautiful gift you've given Katie's family and friends. It is filled with memories and we can feel Katie's love watching it.

Unknown said...

Thank you Toni for compiling this touching photographic tribute of Katie. I find peace here seeing her and her loved ones through the eyes of the people who took those pictures. You did a good thing. I have hope we will all laugh together one day with our Lord, Jesus, about all these tears we shed.

Brewer's Ink said...

That was beautifully done. Thank you for sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails