Sunday, May 17, 2009

Football Hell

Connor had two.....yes, TWO.....football games yesterday. And, at the most enjoyable part of the day: 12pm and 2 pm. It was so hot. We had to be there at 10:30, so we pitched our Easy Up, brought an ice chest full of pop and water, and brought Subway for lunch. We also brought my water bottle with battery operated fan attached for a little relief. (This fan then helped produce one of my favorite pics of the day....see below.) Connor's team lost the first game heartbreak style. Interception for a touchdown in the last minute of the game. So sad. They won their second game and he played really well. He got into a little scuffle with a player from the other team. What happened was right after the play was over, Connor and this kid were still tangled up, and the guy then sort of threw Connor off of him. Connor then came back at him with "What the heck!!!" I don't promote violence, but it's kind of fun to see Connor not back down to a challenge. We have one game left this season and then we are off until fall. Thank goodness! It's not that I don't like to watch the games.....I do, I absolutely love them. But this heat! I'm dying just sitting in the shade watching! I can't imagine what it feels like for him to be in those pads and helmet and out there running around!!! Ug!!
Here's the picture I was talking about. Love it.

He is Connor tangled up with that other dude.

...and the attempted take down.

"What the heck!!!"


2 Say what?:

Bonnie said...

All I can say is...I LOVE your kids!! That picture of Courtney and Connor is priceless.

Bonnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts with Thumbnails