Oh, that smile melts my heart....
Have you ever wanted to do something really, really bad?? Like, you would move heaven and earth do to it? Like, it makes you well up with tears just thinking about it? Well, that's how I feel when I think about meeting Andre Agassi. No lie. I've LOVED him since 1986 when he burst onto the tennis scene with that long, flowing hair, those acid wash shorts he wore over neon orange or green bike shorts, and the most awesome tennis skills known to man. In high school up until I married Hugh, I had a SHRINE of him plastered on my bedroom wall. I had a LIFESIZE CARDBOARD CUT OUT of him in my BEDROOM!!! (That was a birthday gift from my most awesome brother, Scott!!) Well, I was just notified that he....ANDRE AGASSI....will be in Surprise, Arizona playing in the Cancer Treatment Centers of America Championship. (Several other "old school" players will be playing....but none of them matter to me.) Here's my point: I WILL buy tickets...the best I can purchase....to watch the event. And I want to say this.....I WILL MEET HIM. I don't know HOW, but SOMEONE has to know SOMEONE who can help me make this dream come true!!! I figure if I say it...it will come true....you know, "The Secret" style. So, if any of you know anyone who knows someone who can help me with this, let me know. I will be your slave forever.
Classic Andre.....check out them buns!!!!

When he retired after losing in the 3rd round at the US Open...September 3, 2006. I cried and cried and cried as he cried and cried and cried. He received an eight minute standing ovation. Gives me goosebumps just thinking about it.
This is my room. Do you see the poster? Top left. See the custom made collage? Framed GQ cover?? The life size cardboard cut out was to the left of this....I couldn't find a picture of it. :(
This is the closest I've ever gotten to him. This was in Scottsdale in the 90's. He played John McEnroe.
By the way, not only is he an amazing tennis player....the greatest male player EVER in my opinion, but he is also one of the most charitable people around. He started the Andre Agassi Foundation which is dedicated to improving the lives of at-risk children through its support of recreational and educational programs. Awesome! His foundation puts on this huge gala every year, and a few years ago Ellen DeGeneres was going to attend at his request. I wrote to her EVERY DAY for a month BEGGING her to take me. No luck. :( But I feel as though my luck is about to change!!!








7 Say what?:
First of all ... I love that when you like something you REALLY get obsessed. Ex. - HUGH! So You Think You Can Dance, HUGH again, getting on Oprah, American Idol, etc. and I Love that you admit it. 2nd thing ... it's 11:33 ... why do I have to see the post about the delicious cupcakes and such. Makes me hungry! Hope you get to go to see your man play!
I can't help you meet Andre, he is wonderful and somehow, I THINK you're going to figure out a way to meet him - BUT I didn't know you were so into tennis - do you still play??
I know no one... so you can stop reading this now if you want ;o)
I say... bust out the bleach and the scissors... and shave Hugh's head. He seems like a good sport to me - especially since he is totally fine with this little (ahem) crush. Best of luck!
okay, those spandex are AWESOME-especially from that view-and my favorite part-that you wrote Ellen for a month every day, that's awesome! i have to agree, i love our passion!!
okay, i meant "your" passion-no, i'm not admitting i share the same passion for andre as you do...
I LOVED this post!!! Thanks for sharing the pictures (loved the mullet with the chest hair) and the stats...you crack me up! Sorry but I don't have any connections for you to meet him. If I find someone who does, I'll be sure to let you know.
And Kate...are you sure you don't share the same passion? :) You're comment made this post that more hilarious!
I wish I knew him or knew someone that knew him.. I would love to be there just to watch your reaction too.. I can't wait to hear all about it!
Post a Comment