The lesson I taught to my Young Women today was on the importance of Journals. I spent most of the lesson reading the girls stories from Hugh's Great Grandfather's journal. This man has such a detailed life history that he wrote himself. It's awesome. Some great stories. Anyway, this blog has in many ways become my journal. I don't usually post anything very emotional or spiritual, but it does contain the every day goings on of The Chase Gang. I'll save the emotional and spiritual stuff for an actual handwritten journal. (Yes, I'll start that today....) But, I've also realized that I don't have my life history in any type of written form. I have lots of memories and events that I can recall in detail, but how is that going to help my grandchildren and great grandchildren when I am gone? So, I've decided to dedicate one day a week on my blog to record some sort of event in my life. I'll start tomorrow. Memory Monday. How 'bout that? They may be long and boring, and if no one reads them, I'll be fine with that. But at least this way, I'll have them in print for my posterity. So, stay tuned for tomorrow's story....the story of how Hugh and I ended up together. It's a doozy!!
early 2000s
3 years ago




2 Say what?:
One of my friedn's does her life history moment every Sunday. I think it is brilliant. She'll just choose a topic like High School Drill Team and share her experiences of that and scan in pictures, etc. I think it's a great idea. I may follow in your footsteps because I am the same, no written history, and I have a horrible memory so I don't really remember much. I have NOTHING written by my mom about her life. It makes me very sad. Alsion had a great idea about the emotional/spiritual stuff, she has a seperate blog that is only one that her family will be able to read where she records that stuff. I think it's a brilliant idea! Good luck in your journal writing!
i love that idea...i may steal it...
Post a Comment