So, Hugh and I ended up in Mr. Roger's history class together sophomore year. That's where we became friends. He was a super hot hottie, and I was a semi-smart girl, so he flirted and I helped him in class. We both got our driver's licenses that year, so we would go out to lunch together (Burger King) and he would give me rides home from school. We were friends....good friends....but I secretly LOVED him. Not surprising because I was a total BOY FREAK, and liked lots of guys, but he was special because he was nice to me. He was my friend, don't forget. This friendship/secret crush lasted all throughout high school. We both dated (maybe dated is too strong of a word.....how about "kissed") lots and lots of people, and we told each other about all of them. That's how I knew Hugh was mackin' on my friends!!! (Mackin' was our term for kissing....it was the 80's you know). Hello! Total infraction of the GIRLFRIEND CODE! I knew Hugh was "involved" with a few of my closest girlfriends, and I was insanely jealous. But, I had no right to be because Hugh didn't even know I liked him "like that". Oh well. It makes for some pretty funny stories right now. Anyway, we were friends. We went to parties together, he watched me play tennis, I watched him wrestle, he watched me dance (we even danced together in our Senior Year Dance Concert....all of the hot, cool guys were our partners for one fun dance.) We went to homecoming together. We went to the Spring Luau together. We went to Graduation together, and the after parties. I knew who he dated. He knew who I dated. We were friends. But, man, did I LOVE him. Hugh Chase. My dream boyfriend. I knew graduation was going to bring some changes because his mission was looming around the corner......
Hugh had a friend of his family take his Senior Pictures at his house. He invited me over. And about sent me to the moon when he suggested that we have a picture taken TOGETHER!!!


That wasn't my crown. It was his.....Homecoming King. That's right folks.....my date was the Super Hot Hottie Homecoming King!!

The Spring Luau. And I'm touchin' his HOT BOD!! Needless to say, I was very excited to show this picture to my friends...and strangers....and anyone else who would give me the time of day.

The Spring Luau. And I'm touchin' his HOT BOD!! Needless to say, I was very excited to show this picture to my friends...and strangers....and anyone else who would give me the time of day.
If you would like a peek at a SUPER CLASSIC picture of Hugh and I, click here.



6 Say what?:
i think we discussed this before... but, did we ever figure out if i was working for DUKE when you had your spring luau? i think i remember you... ha... just kidding. but i do remember working a couple of different WHS events.
very funny post, by the way! the pictures are hilarious!
i LOVE your outfit for homecoming, it's awesome! and i seriously can't wait to hear more...i LOVE god love stories!!
i've seriously got to start reading what i write before i post...no, i don't love "god" love stories (whoops!), i love GOOD love stories!
Love, love this post and pictures!! Now you need to have Hugh write his take on what was happening - I'm sure he thought of you as more than a "friend". Keep writing, I'm loving it!!
I just can't help myself. The hair fascinates me. Everything eventually comes back around... do ya think the hair will?
Toni, you still crack me up!!! Thanks for keeping up with your blog - it makes me smile each time I get a chance to read it! Your kids are so so so going to love looking back at it when we are all senile and wearing diapers!
Post a Comment