Thursday, April 1, 2010

I QUIT!!!

That's it.  Enough is enough.  Over the past two days I have had the most hateful, viscious comments left on my blog.  And I can't take it.  I thought I was a strong woman, but the words that have been left for me have cut me to the core.  And because of all of this nonsense, I have lost one of the best friends I have ever had.  Wendy, I never thought it would come to this, but really? Did you have to say such things to me? 

I thought about this all night.  I couldn't sleep.  And when I got out of bed this morning, I realized what I needed to do.  I need to quit blogging.  So, this will be my last post and then I'm going to delete my blog.  This is going to be a very hard thing to do as I love writing and sharing stories about my family with my friends.  But, this is the only way I feel like I can stop what is happening as I have no idea when these comments will stop. 

So, that's all folks.

8 Say what?:

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

Please say this is an April Fools joke? Please don't go, you're such an amazing blogger! I've come out of hiding, after following your blog for such a long time now. I love your take on life, womanhood, motherhood, friendship, the gospel, decor, family, travel, everything... to be so inspiring. I find joy, love and laughter in your posts time and time again. I'm just a stranger-friend, but please, please dont go.

Molly said...

I will miss you Toni...

hendywow said...

O my HECK! You are such an actress, give me a break.. You love this, you have gotten alot more comments and traffic on your blog these last 2 days then ever before, and let's just admit that you like being the topic of conversation... Seriously you need to answer the phone and talk to me, or I am gonna call Hugh! You better not stop blogging and use me as your excuse, that is so lame! I disagree with some of the things you say, but I still look past that. I thought our friendship meant more to you...I guess I need to find someone else to go to NYC with me....

hendywow said...

O my HECK! You are such an actress, give me a break.. You love this, you have gotten alot more comments and traffic on your blog these last 2 days then ever before, and let's just admit that you like being the topic of conversation... Seriously you need to answer the phone and talk to me, or I am gonna call Hugh! You better not stop blogging and use me as your excuse, that is so lame! I disagree with some of the things you say, but I still look past that. I thought our friendship meant more to you...I guess I need to find someone else to go to NYC with me....

Clarissa B. said...

Toni I am so sad this happened to you. This is what happens when you stand up for what you think and know is right. MANY amazing people have been persecuted. I am so sorry that it has hurt your feelings, I agree that it is better to just go away sometimes and forgot all about it.

Don't feel like you need to blog for anyone but yourself. I am been seriosuly considering making mine only private to my own eyes and my sisters and mom because some things are very private and personal.

Think of Joseph Smith and the people who hated him, or Jesus Christ, or Martin Luther King.. it is a sign of the time. Don't let others make you feel like you have to hind your feelings. You did the right thing.

I LOVE YOU!

Molly said...

Hey Wendy - I'll go with you to NYC. Forget about Toni!

Molly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan said...

Toni, I'm hoping this is a good April Fool's joke. I think you have a pretty good sense of humor and I'm thinking you are behind the scenes laughing at the April Fool's day joke you (and your pal Wendy) are playing on us.

I really enjoy reading your blog, so I for one, would hate to see you stop blogging.

Related Posts with Thumbnails