Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Nielsons


A beautiful article about Stephanie & Christain (I can call them by their first names, because I feel like I know them!!) was in the Republic today. Completely remarkable. Such a beautiful story about family and hope. Their recovery is truly a miracle. They both have such a long way to go, but they are going to get there. What's also amazing about this story is that the blogging community and the community in general has rallied together to raise a quarter of a million dollars for the Nielsons to help with their medical bills, which will reach in the millions. It is so lovely to hear that in this world full of negativity and despair, there are still people out there willing to help a couple they don't even know. It gives you hope.

2 Say what?:

Nikki said...

read the article, cried the entire way through. Desperate to know how this weekend went for them...
the girls seeing their dad, and Steph kind of waking up for the first time...
lots of details in the article that you would not know from the blog...

hendywow said...

I know ! I read the article before church yesterday, and I had to redo my make up...

Related Posts with Thumbnails