Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Pioneer Trek

This past weekend was our stake's Pioneer Trek. It is a way to catch a glimpse into what our pioneer ancestors did hundreds of years ago. It's a very difficult ordeal - dressing in pioneer clothes, walking for miles and miles each day while pulling handcarts, not a lot to eat - but in the end, it is such a rewarding experience. This trek is mainly geared toward the youth (you have to 14 to go) with couples chosen as "Ma's and Pa's" for each family. Hugh went as a part of the medical team. He did walk a lot of the trek, but he got to eat LOTS of food. (Don't tell the youth that.) He was so impressed with how it was all organized. The next one will be four years from now, and all three of the kids will go. Which means, Hugh and I will probably be a "Ma & Pa". Oh boy.....I'm going to start mentally preparing NOW.
Look at my hot pioneer hubby.
Oooh, baby.
Photobucket

1 Say what?:

Susie said...

We moved the year before the trek - I was so said for Daniel and Eric - the trek's here in Tucson do not even come close to compare to the Peoria stake trek. I saw the video from four years ago and was blown away by the organization and dedication of those involved. You and Hugh will be the perfect ma and pa!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails