Monday, June 8, 2009

Young Women Fundraiser

On Saturday night, we had a dinner to help raise funds for Girl's Camp. Our night included a wonderful dinner, a Service Auction (all service items donated by our Young Women), and a Dessert Auction (again, MOST items baked by our Young Women....so talented.) It was so much fun! The leaders and the girls worked so hard, and worked together so well to make it a fabulous evening. The highlight was the Dessert Auction. It was hilarious. Our "Auctioneer" (Dave Moore) was so dang funny. And several members of my family came, and I have to say, they were making me laugh so hard. Kim, my sister-in-law, kept bidding against herself, or her husband....and accidentally bought an Apple pie because Dave thought her hand was up even thought she was just pointing at something. Oh well! All for a good cause, right? Pies, cakes, cookies....even gourmet popcorn....sold for $40 and up! In the end, we raised almost $2300 for our YW. Our goal was $500. Not too bad....
Me & Wendy
The Desserts!!!

Caitlin & Landon
Bonnie & Amy. Yes, Amy is ready to pop.

My parents...deciding which dessert to buy. Courtney's of course! My mom paid $40 for it! Whoop Whoop Mom!

Kort and his pie. Don't touch!

And Kolby guarding his pie.

Connor & Cooper, my nephew

Proud Mama....watching her son bid $40 for gourmet popcorn!

Bishop Brewer watching the festivities.

I loved this picture. That's Bishop Ames, with his daughters in the foreground. I love this family.

Finger lickin' good!

Me & my girl Paige.


Photobucket

2 Say what?:

Mandy & Logan said...

I want to know about that gorgeous dessert auction sign!

Kristen said...

Great pics!! I love the one of you and Paige. What a fun night...thanks again for all your help! You are the auction queen!

Related Posts with Thumbnails